Skip to main content

Put your party hats on, today we'll celebrate! Happy World Book DAY!



Hello everyone, 

It is the 6th of March today (for a couple more hours anyways!) which of course means World Book day is finally here. 

Fab-u-lous!

And because it's World Book day, families all over the country are celebrating. Celebrating what you ask? 

BOOKS OF COURSE!! And what could be better than celebrating all the lovely authors out there, who work so hard to bring us our next favourite book and lets also not forget all the hardworking, super illustrators. 



So today, I went out and had a little look around my local book stores and my, my! I found some wonderful books. Particularly picture books- MY WERE THOSE GORGEOUS. I almost couldn't contain my excitement and may have even squealed a little bit. While I desperately tried to tone down my excitement my little niece Elsie had already made herself comfortable. I found her sitting next to the picture +Hodder Childrens Books) 

books shelf, wilding browsing through David Melling's 'Hello, Hugless Douglas.( 

She only had to look at me once with those big brown eyes of hers and I knew exactly we would not leave without it! Perfect World Book Day treat for the little one. 

3 hours,  2 books and 3 book stores later, we finally made our way back home to enjoy the rest of the day with our new books. 

Great way to spend a thursday if you ask me!


What did YOU do for World Book Day? Tweet us or let us know in the comment! We'd love to hear some fun stories.


Until next time & as always, HAPPY READING!



x

Popular posts from this blog

C.J Daugherty's ENDGAME (Night School #5) June 4th 2015 by Little Brown/Atom (UK)

BOW down to the QUEEN of  Young-adult suspense    Just 8 days and we'll finally have all the answers... 8 days until it all ends. Are you ready to let go? With only days left until the release of the final instalment in the Night School Series, I'm both excited and sad to see the series end.

LUNCH TIME SUCCESS & AN AWFUL LOT OF SWOONING #tfiosedition

Lunch time success in the office. Thanks to the never ending rain, I decided to stay in the office, had next to no motivation to eat my lunch out in the rain and so, I just stayed at my desk and decided to start on something cute and bookish to add to the collection. Voila, today's theme was  ''SKIP A HEARTBEAT''  What do you like to do in your lunch breaks? Tweet us with your favourite lunch time activities! Hugs for you all,  xo

Book talk - Review of Is This It? By Hannah Tovey

  Ivy and Mia have been best friends since the fun, messy, hungover years of their twenties.Ten years later, Mia has it all - the man, the house, the career. Ivy is skint, single, and scared that she isn't a 'hot mess' any more - she's a walking disaster. But one night, Ivy switches her phone off, peels last night's drunken pizza off the sofa, and makes a list. A list that changes everything . . . The new Ivy has a proper job. She goes on fancy dates in wine bars. She's starting to think: maybe 'faking it till you make it' is easy? But then she meets Scott. Curly-haired, sarcastic Scott. Sh*t. _________________________________________________ Is This It came to me to just at the right time in my life. YES, it sounds awfully cliche to say, but it is true. I read the first few lines of the blurb and I was sold, just picture me standing in my kitchen shouting,  'wow, I need this'  I hadn't realised until I'd finished the book that this is ...